Simple Injector Logo

Coordinator
Jan 15 at 11:07 AM
Edited Jan 15 at 11:27 AM
It's time for a change. The current logo was always meant to be something intermediate, until someone would design something decent. Although meant as a funny eye-catcher, some might find the logo inappropriate or even sexist. Since the project is growing in popularity quickly, it's time to grow up and it's time to get a 'real' logo.

This logo must carry the brand further. It must be simple, yet powerful and recognizable. It must work as an icon as well.

Any ideas for such a logo can be posted below. Ideas can be textual, hand-drawn sketches, or anything that can help giving ideas about the logo. Nothing is too crazy. Please help us with ideas.

CodePlex unfortunately doesn't allow uploading images, but you can a free online image upload service (such as Postimage.org) and insert the image url here (by pressing CTRL + G).
Jan 15 at 9:25 PM
Edited Jan 15 at 9:31 PM
Hi, agreed it is time :)

I'm no designer but here is my suggestion anyways - I hope that someone with actual design skill could take this further. What I like is the Visual Studio like color palette, the flatness and the syringe. It's a bit inspired by the HTML 5 and Angular logos. I kept the syringe both for the sake of the history and it says a lot about what we can do with this tool!

Larger versions can be found here: https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=737e248b9082ad7b&id=737E248B9082AD7B%2143879#cid=737E248B9082AD7B&id=737E248B9082AD7B%2143879, and yes I've created this in Visio, as I said I am no designer :)

Coordinator
Jan 15 at 9:58 PM
Wow!!! That's really cool! I especially like the way the needle is drawn.
Jan 15 at 10:18 PM
As I have already twitted, the current logo is perfect for me :)
Jan 21 at 4:03 PM
Thanks! This is the only thing making me hesitate using the product. Keep up the great work.
Coordinator
Feb 6 at 12:38 PM
I'm working with a designer to get some ideas for a logo. We came up with an octopus as logo. He made some rough scetches of this. I like your feedback on this.

Developer
Feb 6 at 7:12 PM
He's cool and the octopus is a great idea but this one may look a little too much like a character from a children's book.
Coordinator
Feb 6 at 7:15 PM
Good feedback. I instructed the designer to let the logo be cheerful. I don't want a dark and aggressive logo. I don't think that fits with "simple", "easy". What do you suggest to make it less childish?
Developer
Feb 6 at 8:11 PM
I guess it's the cheery baby face that gives it this feel - maybe some shades and a tattoo? ;-)

Eyes and mouth will always convey some form of emotion (see HDP logo on this site for example)
Feb 6 at 8:35 PM
That is a nice drawing, but agreed a little too light... As a parent, kiddo cute and needles probably not a good mix. And maybe complex for a smaller version of the icon? Perhaps something a little more minimalist?

Other options:
1. Could explore the world of things that inject: Fuel injector? (not imaginative but could do a simple logo on that theme)
2. Simplicity in the abstract: Couple of shapes with bright colors... etc....

Thanks for including us and keep up the good design efforts!

Developer
Feb 6 at 8:38 PM
Edited Feb 6 at 8:43 PM

This was on the page that @jasonkenneth had linked to - now that's simply an injector
Developer
Feb 7 at 6:41 PM
dot_NET_Junkie wrote:
Wow!!! That's really cool! I especially like the way the needle is drawn.
I agree with you, maybe the needle would be a good favicon?
Coordinator
Feb 12 at 9:30 AM
Although I do think that a simple needle could do, I like to do a few iterations with a logo containing an octopus. After communicating the previous feedback with the designer, he cam up with the following ideas:

Any better?
Feb 12 at 9:51 AM
I like the dark one the most :) Good work
Developer
Feb 12 at 10:19 AM
I agree, the dark one is my favourite too
Feb 12 at 12:54 PM
dark one

great work!

Feb 16 at 3:55 AM
The first one blue pentagon is fine but the injector should point upwards at an angle and true the text with drops of color different from the text.
The injector needle should be longer to go thru the code.
Developer
Feb 21 at 9:28 PM
I am really happy to see that a new logo is on the way. While I already got used to the old one I think the nurse is a little bit too provoking for a professional work environment. I like the hand-drawn light-blue one. The 'eyes' of the later vector graphics version are a little bit too abstract - or are they simply highlights? I also think that it helps to view the logo candidates as small versions since users will see it in the nuget manager or here in the project title/header in icon size.
Coordinator
Feb 25 at 11:39 AM
The designer showed me some proof sketches of a logo that included the name as well:

Coordinator
Feb 25 at 11:49 AM
And here are the two previous logos in 32x32 size:

Developer
Feb 25 at 8:25 PM
All 3 are better still but it's the last one with the S gets my vote this time. And whatever the final design the black and orange colours rock!
Developer
Feb 26 at 7:50 AM
Just to add another injector-style:

big
Small

Based on the following icon by @iconmonstr: http://iconmonstr.com/virus-injection-icon/
Coordinator
Mar 11 at 2:08 PM
After a short vacation of the designer, we're back in business. After all the feedback I got, I desided to ditch the octopus logo; let's go with a needle. Here's the first concept the designer sent me. What you you think?

Mar 11 at 2:11 PM
Rockin'.

Developer
Mar 11 at 2:29 PM
Looks great
Coordinator
Mar 12 at 7:44 PM
Here are three new tweaks on this design. What do you think?

Developer
Mar 12 at 9:05 PM
I like the middle one of those 3 the best but think the [flaming fast] flame from the I in the previous example was a really nice touch
Coordinator
Mar 12 at 9:18 PM
@quick, I asked the designer to remove the 'flame' from the i, because it looked too much like a flame on a candle, while it supposed to be a liquid drop from a needle :-/.

I like the thick-lined logos best (the second and last) and they will also look good when displayed on an 32x32 or 64x64 icon.

Are we all cool with the chosen font type?
Developer
Mar 12 at 9:22 PM
Yep font is clear, the second all black logo is the simplest of them all ;-)
Coordinator
Mar 14 at 11:36 PM
Thanks for all the feedback in this logo selection process. We have a winner. See our new logo at the top of this site.

Cheers!
Marked as answer by dot_NET_Junkie on 4/15/2014 at 1:47 AM
Jun 27 at 9:10 AM
About the last three, I like the first one. :)
Simple (as Simple Injector) and very clear about the Injector word.