This minor release improves diagnostics and verification. The diagnostic services are now merged with the core library, a new diagnostic warning was added, and warnings can now be suppressed on a per-registration basis. An overload to Verify() is added to make it more convenient to call diagnostics.
New features and improvements for the SimpleInjector.dll
- Ambiguous Lifestyles diagnostic warning added (work item 20997).
- Diagnostic warnings can now be suppressed per individual registration, by calling Registration.SuppressDiagnosticWarning() (work item 21016).
- Container.IsVerifying property added to allow checking if the container is currently verifying its configuration (work item 21014).
- An overload to Verify() has been added that allows supplying a VerificationOption that allows forcing throwing an exception in case of a diagnostic warning (related to work item 20999).
- SimpleInjector.Diagnostics.dll merged with core library (work item 21008).
- Nested types in exception messages and diagnostic results are now displayed with a dot instead of a + sign, as C# developers are familiar to. (work item 21011).
- Options.RegisterResolveInterceptor added to allow intercepting the creation of directly resolved types (work item 33).
Bug fixes for the SimpleInjector.dll
- Disallowed accidental mixed registrations of collections using different RegisterXXX overloads (work item 21004).
- DisposableTransientComponentDiagnosticResult.Registration was always null.
- Torn lifestyle warning was incorrectly reported in case of decorator (work item 24).
New features and improvements for the SimpleInjector.Integration.WebApi.dll
- SimpleInjectorWebApiDependencyResolver.BeginScope will now only create a new execution context scope in case there is no active scope yet (work item 21015).
- SimpleInjectorWebApiExtensions.RegisterWebApiFilterProvider has been made obsolete (work item 21017).
- The Disposable Transient Components diagnostic warning is now suppressed on registration for controllers made with the RegisterWebApiControllers() extension method (work item 21006).
New features and improvements for the SimpleInjector.Integration.Web.Mvc.dll
- The Disposable Transient Components diagnostic warning is now suppressed on registration for controllers made with the RegisterMvcControllers() extension method (work item 21006).